Translate

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Why I decided to try doing Deliveroo

Hey! How are you guys?! What did you do all do for the day?!

I decided to try and apply for a job at deliveroo online first. The pay looks good so that's why I decided to apply for it. Deliveroo has a choice for riders or cyclist.. and since I don't have a license for motorbike, I can use a bicycle instead... So I  booked a slot for the info session on Tuesday, 28 March. So today is the day..

 I went to deliveroo company to listen to their info session at 11am... The address was at Tanjong Pagar.. so it wasn't that far from my home.. When I arrived at their company, it was a small shophouse ..

 The info session wasn't much.. they just explain about the areas that we can go for delivery, the pay and all the basic things... For the cyclist, the pay was lesser than for a rider... rider will get $8.50 per hour while cyclist will be $6.50... that's like $2 different... and... the time wasn't that flexible as I thought... they said that there will be a schedule for that area...

We also have to pay deposit of $250... $250!!!! That's a lot... but they say that we can pay upfront for $50.. then the rest which is $200, they will take it from our salary when we do our job... so it means we won't get money if we work till we pay that $200 ... but the $250 is for the equipments that they provide which is the bag only... it's sort of like an insurance for equipment... they say it's so that we take care of the equipments... however, that $250 is still our money. As when we want to quit, when we return the equipment, we will get that $250 back... so the $250 is refundable...
But at the end, I decided not to join Deliveroo since I don't think that it's worth the $6.50 as Cycling is a lot of work for $6.50... so I'll still look out for other jobs... 👍🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment